Monday 5 August 2013

22. Leaving a mark.

Thought I had posted this. Looks like I had just saved it as a draft instead. Well, here it is.

Have you guys ever though about just how insignificant we are in this world? It's like nothing we do actually matters. If a person dies, what effect does it have on this planet? Heck, is earth even significant compared to this massive universe? There's nothing we can do about that, we're just humans after all.

I was just thinking about that today since Kate Middleton's son was just born. It was all over the news and so many people was outside Buckingham Palace for no reason. All they got to see was a note to say the baby was born. That baby is already more significant than a lot of us. He left a mark on the world just by being born. Compared to me, what have I done to get anyone noticed? Maybe that time I confessed to a girl and she cried but that's about it. I'm basically worth nothing in this world.

Not that I'm saying it's bad to be insignificant, some people prefer it that way. The way that nobody notices them and they can just get on with their lives. I have a different view of life though. I want to do something to get noticed, and it's for this reason that since I was just a kid, I've wanted to be famous. I'm not sure when the notion formed but I know for real that it's been one of my goals for a long time.

I just feel that leaving a mark on this world is one of the purposes of life. There's no way we just live and die without doing anything special. Well that's my opinion anyway, you don't have to agree with it.

-stripeytofu

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you more than I already do if you left a comment on my post