Wednesday 14 August 2013

24. Learning to let go.

Before this year, I was having problems in my life. I always have problems, who doesn't? But this particular problem was particularly negatively affecting me. I wasn't happy with who I am, and I was trying to be somebody I wasn't.

Long story short (I'm at work at the moment), it was the people around me making me think I wasn't who I should be. They made me think I was someone else and I tried to be that someone else, not knowing that the real me is nothing like that.

Well this year, I've tried to embrace myself a bit more and it's a slow process, but I'm actually feeling a bit happier and thinking more positively. I've been procrastinating less, I have clear goals and I've begun projects that have been on hold for at least two years. I feel like my life is moving forward. And it's all thanks to letting go.

I used to think some friends were actually friends, but by letting go, I've stopped them from holding me back. It's up to you to identify who your real friends are and who isn't making a positive impact to your life.

I used to game like, 10 hours a day, but reducing that to 2 hours has allowed me to do more things like writing my screenplay.

I used to waste time by sleeping but time is precious and by forcing myself to wake up and sleep earlier, I feel more lively and my concentration is higher.

Basically by letting go, you can gain more and achieve a state of euphoria. You just gotta choose the right things to let go.

I should be a motivational speaker or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you more than I already do if you left a comment on my post