Saturday 5 January 2013

5. A new start, a new year, a new phone.

I just realised how nerdy this post could potentially be. If you're not into that stuff, then don't bother reading this post.

As they saying goes, with a new start comes a new phone. I'm kidding. There isn't really a saying like that.. until now! I just made it.

I've been using an iPhone 4 for the past few months. I bought it from a friend because my previous phone, the sexy Galaxy Note, was blacklisted! Guys, take my advice. NEVER buy a phone off eBay. Amazon, OK, but eBay? No way! Whoa that rhymed. So yeah, I bought the iPhone off him to use temporarily whilst I sort out the Note with the police, but they're taking freakin' ages.

I gotta tell you, making the switch from Android to iOS was difficult. I'm used to using iOS as I have a 3rd Gen iPod Touch and to be honest with you, it sucks! To each their own, but personally I detest iOS. The only reason I've still been using my Touch is because it's jailbroken. Without it, I would probably never have bought it. The iPhone is on firmware iOS 6, and as of now, it still can't fully be jailbroken. Which means I can't unlock it. Which means it's stuck on 3 forever.

Which leaves me two choices: 1. Keep using the iPhone or 2. Buy a new one!

I admit, I am terrible when it comes to phones. What I mean is, I always get a new one before I've used the old one for even a year. I'm only spoilt when it comes to phones though.. and games consoles.. and other gadgets... and everything basically. OK, I'm only spoilt when it comes to gadgets. But that's only cos I love them! But then, I suppose you could say that about everything else.

Anyway, I spent all day today at my dad's take away (working by the way, not just chilling) looking for a replacement phone that I would love. After watching/reading many reviews, I have come to a good choice. I've never been a fan of HTC (I don't like the interface), but this phone looks particularly nice. Truth be told, I am very shallow when it comes to phones, just like I am with girls. Most phones I've bought in the past was more for show than for actual hardware and software. The specs for the phone I want now is pretty good though. It is called the HTC One X+, an upgrade the One X. Let me show you:

This just screams SEXY.
Look at it!! Are you looking at it? That is the definition of almost perfectly sexy. Why almost perfect? Because THIS is perfect:

Jizzed.

I can't even- It's just.. amazing. Even the box is like, worth buying on its own.


OK, maybe not. But you know what I mean. Unfortunately though, what's stopping me from buying this phone is the fact that its maximum storage capacity is only 16GB. I usually watch movies and stuff on my phone, so that is not nearly enough space. Plus you can't insert microSD cards into it to increase the space. I used a 32GB microSD with my Note with itself had 16GB, so the loss of so much space is a big let down for me.

1 comment:

  1. what's your new number mate? I'll contact you on the 01.01.2014

    ReplyDelete

I'd love you more than I already do if you left a comment on my post