Tuesday 15 January 2013

8. So there's this thing called stripeytuesday.

OK, there wasn't, but there is now. One of my weaknesses with blogging is keeping it updated regularly. To combat this, I've created stripeytuesday, where basically I MUST make at least one post by Tuesday. Good idea?

So what have I been up to since I've moved?

Oh actually, before I get to that, I just wanna say I just watched Love Actually on ITV2 and it's made me feel very good. Now I got to admit, it doesn't take much for a film to make me cry, at all, but this film made me cry out of happiness. This film was actually on my to-watch list, but I just haven't time. I was just checking what was on TV and u saw that it was 7 minutes in and decided to check it out. Pretty awesome film. One thing that surprised me is that ..., famous for being the main character in The Walking Dead, is actually British. His American accent in The Walking Dead is do good, I could never have been able to tell if I didn't wiki him up.

Okay, back to reality. Today, after takin my cousin's kid to school, I took the bus to the closest town and handed in my CV to Phones4U and CeX. I wanna work in retail to improve my customer service and to just earn some money really. In fact, this money I won't even be able to keep for very long. I haven't been able to end the contract with my private accommodation, so I need to pay it off. Which totally totally freakin' sucks. And I've been advertising the room on the Internet but still no luck, so I'm prepared for the worst.

My cousin suggested that I should save some money and go on holiday for most of August. He said I should go travelling around Europe, which sounds super fun! I guess I need to start saving. I actually can't wait to get a job. Yeah.

I also have an interview at my cousin's job place. She works for an advertising company and she asked her boss to take a look at my CV. The interview is in just over a week's time so I'm pretty nervous. I haven't had an interview since the practice one in Year 10.

By the way, about dying my hair... I'm totally still gonna go through with it, but my cousin said not until I have a proper job cos if I went to an interview with bright hair, the employer wouldn't even consider me. So therefore, I'm not gonna let you guys down. Just be patient.

In other news, living my cousin and her husband has been fine. The only problem is her oldest child who has a limitless supply of energy and whose mouth does not shut. He's always very curious and asking questions which is definitely a good thing, but there's just so much I can take. I try to keep up at first but by the end if the day, I either reply with just 'yes', 'no' or just don't reply at all. Another problem was the younger brother. He literally cries all the time. I know he's only one but still. Apparently I've grown on him now and he's only cried 3 times today. I've made him laugh quite a lot and I'm quite impressed with myself to be honest.

And so that is totally what is going on in my life right now. I want to take some pictures but the camera on my non-smartphone-for-now is only 3.2MP and the one on my tablet is crap. So pictures will have to wait until I get a new phone.

- stripeytofu

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love you more than I already do if you left a comment on my post